I am a Doctoral Research Fellow and Instructor at Drexel University, PA (expected 2023). Before joining the program, I pursued my Master's in Economics from North Carolina State University, Raleigh.
Substantively, my research interests are in the space of digital and social media marketing, brand management and online strategies, and text analytics. I employ theory-driven models to empirically analyze large-scale, structured and unstructured data from online platforms. I leverage quantitative methods such as econometrics, machine learning, and natural language processing in my research. My research transforms Twitter texts into marketing insights with a goal to improve firm strategies and better understand consumer behavior.
Ph.D. Candidate in Marketing (ABD), Minor: Computer Science, Drexel University, PA (2023 expected)
Master of Economics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 2018
Master of Social Sciences (Economics), University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2015
Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons.) (Economics), University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2014
• Winner, Best Paper Award in the Digital and Social Media Marketing Track, Summer AMA Academic Conference, Chicago, IL: 2022.
• ISMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2022.
• Drexel’s Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Competition Finalist, 2022.
• Drexel University Dean’s Fellowship, 2018-2023.
• Drexel University Doctoral Fellowship, 2018-2023.
• NC State University Consumer Innovation Consortium Fellow, 2017.
• Bureau of Economic Research Fellow, University of Dhaka, 2015.
• Graduate Merit Scholarship from Department of Economics, University of Dhaka, 2014.
• Undergraduate Merit Scholarship from Department of Economics, University of Dhaka, 2010-2013.